Pinkpedia (referred herein as “Pinkpedia”, “we”, “us” and “our”) respects and values your data privacy rights, and makes sure that all personal data collected from our members, partners, affiliates and other stakeholders, are processed in adherence to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality.
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information and to whom we may disclose it
- The choices available for you to manage your personal information
- How we protect your personal information
B. Definition of Terms
“Data Subject” – refers to an individual whose personal, sensitive personal or privileged information is processed by the organization. It may refer to members, partners, affiliates and other stakeholders of this organization.
“Personal Data” ─ refers to all types of personal information, including privileged information;
“Personal Information” – refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
“Sensitive Personal Information’ ─ is personal information that includes your age, date of birth, marital status, social security and other government identification numbers, and financial information.
“Privileged Information” is all forms of data which, under the Rules of Court and other pertinent laws, constitute privileged communication.
“Processing” refers to any operation or any set of operations performed upon personal information including, but not limited to, the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction of data.
C. Personal Data We Collect
1. Personal Data
As part of our dealings with you, we may collect your personal data including but not limited to your name, contact numbers, email address, proof of identification and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in submission of any form because of our interaction with you.
2. Collecting Personal Data
We may collect and store your Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- When you apply for membership or affiliation with us by filling out either a manual application form or online application form
- When you interact with our support service associates through phone, email , private messages or social media comments
- When you provide personal information for your inquiries, requests, and complaints
- When you respond to surveys and other initiatives
- When you submit your personal information to us for any other reason
3. Personal Data Other Than Yours
When you disclose to us another person’s personal data (i.e your spouse, children and/or parents) you attest that consent has been obtained from that person to disclose and process personal information in accordance with this policy.
D. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
1. Uses of your personal data
Pinkpedia collects uses and discloses your personal data for the following purposes:
- Communicate relevant information, advisories including responses to your queries, requests, and complaints
- Participate in any special event and CSR activities of the Pinkpedia
- Provide information about our postings and services which may be of interest to you.
- Comply with the requirements of the law and legal proceedings such as court orders; comply with legal obligation or to prevent imminent harm to public security safety or order
- Process information for statistical, analytical, promotional and research purposes
2. Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to the following as reasonably necessary depending on the service or information concerned:
- Our support staff, volunteers, officers, and consultants
- Third party service providers that have been contracted by Pinkpedia to provide technical and other services
- Professional advisers such as lawyers and auditors
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing legal risk;
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of such personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of such personal information.
- Any company or organization with which we share information about you for the above purposes is contractually required to comply with confidentiality standards, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the DPA. We also require that these organizations use this information only for our purposes and follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information. This includes organizations which handle or obtain Personal Data as service providers for Pinkpedia.
- We may disclose your personal information to the following as reasonably necessary depending on the service or information concerned:
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
F. Personal Data Retention and Schedule
We keep your data only for as long as necessary:
- For the fulfillment of the declared, specified, and legitimate purposes provided above, or when the processing relevant to the purpose has been completed or terminated;
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- For other purposes that are consistent with standards established or approved by regulatory agencies governing Pinkpedia.
Thereafter, your personal data shall be disposed or discarded in a secure manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party or the public.
G. Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent given for any or all purposes set out in this Policy, you may send your detailed request to dataprivacy@Pinkpedia.org. Depending on the nature of your consent withdrawal, Pinkpedia may not be in a position to continue to provide our services to you.
H. Security Safeguard
I. Third Party Websites
J. Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to members and followers needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, after which the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
K. Management and Security
Pinkpedia regards personal data breaches very seriously.
M. Updates to the Policy
N. How to Contact Us
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org